Monday, November 23, 2009

little square in costa nova

Last summer we traveled south with an old rented camper. To make the interior of the camper a home for some weeks, I took crocheted pillows and blankets and even a stool. During our stay in Portugal we visited the small fishing village Costa Nova, somewhere between Lisbon and Porto. This village is so photogenic with all the candy-striped houses and a perfect place for a shoot for my renewed website. So I took my fully loaded Kronan bicycle and cycled through the village, stopped at some places like this little square in Costa Nova, to make some pictures of my granny square products. Some villagers who passed the square, asked me if they could take pictures of this event.

13 comments:

  1. How great to take some of your favourite blankets etc. with you, I bet it felt so much more like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need pillows just like that....please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason the link to the renewed website doesn't work (just a heads up). The shot is beautiful. Colors come so much alive when the sun hits them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Florcita, i´ve solved the link problem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that sky....just what I need in cold rainy London. The setting suits the clear vibrant colours of your beautiful crochet beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magnificent place to take pics! It must have been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ingrid, your new website is lovely. So pure and simply. And I like your new stuff on it, especially these colourful hangers. 10 points for your creativity!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anita; thank you for your nice comment and the 10 points :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I've found your stools in the internet and fall in love with all your pictures in flickr:) I am from portugal I live near the places where you were on holidays and it is so cool to see your bike and products near typical houses and roads in portugal. i also make crochet and love it!
    congratulations on your new website, is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, like Silvia I'm portuguese and I know the beautiful village of Costa Nova! I love your beautiful and original stools*****

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, i'm portuguese end i live in Aveiro, so near of Costa Nova..., i like the photo and your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!! I live near Costa Nova and I love it! And I love your work and style too :)

    ReplyDelete