Wednesday, November 25, 2009

haken is hot ~ crochet is hot

haken is hot
Today my friend Arjanne came to visit me. She wants to learn crochet! We started with the basic technique, which seemed rather difficult if you've never touched a crochet needle. After a few hours and a lot of coffee and sighing, there was suddenly a 'piece of crochet'. Arjanne was very pleased and proud and went home with her first handmade square.

I learned to crochet at primary school when I was about 8 years old and did not like it at all. I've never crocheted until some years ago, when I made my first stool of recycled wood. I figured it would be nice to make a retro crochet cover on it; as a matter of fact the wood & wool stool was created.

Next month my home is published in a Dutch interior magazine 101 Woonideeën. It´s an article on my interior (binnenkijker ~ inside viewer) and little company and because crochet is hot I give a mini course for those who want to learn crochet.

The give away in the December issue of 101 Woonideeën is a beautiful lantern, designed by Jurianne Matter.

11 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Ingrid. I discovered you recently and I really feel the inspiration when I look at your work. Best wishes on the magazine article and the class. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....oh i wish i could buy the issue here in germany...so what...i love your work whereever we can see it...and mabye someday in our own home...;)...lovley weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only recently discovered your blog and site. Great! I added your blog to my blogroll.

    Think I saw your stools in a shopin Gent (where I live).

    Congratulations on the article in the magazine.

    Veerle

    http://www.nevousinstallezpas.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. weeeeee can't wait for the next issue. See you tomorrow xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ingrid,
    Congratulations on the article, I would love to be able to see it.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the feature! Im going to try an buy the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. what a great find!
    I am showing you off at my inspiration blog, hope its ok... If not tell me and I will take it away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. leuke blog! ik wil ook leren haken. groetjes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the article!!! Now I must try to get a subscription more than ever. Ik probeer een beetje nederlands, jouw gehaakte dingen zijn zooooo mooi. :) Ok, probably not 'real dutch'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, ik had al zo'n vermoeden dat jij op de foto stond! Leuk! Ben benieuwd. Groetjes Hinke

    ReplyDelete