Friday, November 6, 2009

flowerday flowers


flowerday, originally uploaded by wood & wool stool.

My favorite day of the week is Thursday. At that day of the week I'm totally lost in flowers. Every week the flowers are changed and the fresh flowers are waiting in big buckets. When I arrive at my work at Villa Augustus I collect the "old" bouquets and bring them to the kitchen in the hotel. Some flowers are still very beautiful and have a second live (even if it is for just one day) in my home. I clean up the vases first and make the new bouquets for the hoteldesk and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant. There are two Tsé Tsé vases
to arrange; a medium version for the hotel lobby and a large version for the marktcafé (market cafe). The so-called April Vase is made up of glass tubes and metal fixtures. You can arrange them into various shapes and forms. To transport the vase from the sink in the kitchen to table in the lobby and the market cafe, is the dangerous part of the job. The only way is to firmly bundle the vase assembled with both hands and walk slowly to the destination. The trip to the market cafe is a pretty long journey through the garden. If I succeeded I have to re-arrange the flowers, because the tubes have to be brought back in shape again. Finally there are about twenty little vases to arrange for the rooms in the hotel and when they are standing all together on the table it's like a flower field. When I'm working on the flowers, sometimes people walk by and tell me what a great job I have and I can only admit it. Lucky me...

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! You are lucky, Ingrid:-) I wish I knew how to arrange flowers as beautifully as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shot and bunch of flowers. Makes me really happy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comments from Marrakech & Lommel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful flowers Ingrid! i used to work in shops where i would 'rescue' the old flowers by taking them home after replacing them with new ones weekly. i worked in one shop for many years that had two 'cone'wall vases. the vases were not replaceable if broken and every time i cleaned them out i lived in fear of breaking one! luckily i never did! being surrounded by flowers every week must be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej, hej Ingrid! Your photos are so nice and I think it could be great to make them bigger.It is very easy...Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi ..i just found you on flickr..which lead to here..love your blog ..i'm going to be a happy follower...

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I eventually find a bundle of money I am going to visit the Villa Augustus. What a dream!

    ReplyDelete